Hike out the Moon Country trail to McCallum Palm Oasis and up the switchbacks to the peak located on the San Andreas Fault. Continue across the fault ridge and down to Willis Palms Oasis.
- Trail Length: 6 miles
- Elevation Gain/Loss: 950’
- Difficulty Rating: Moderate +
- Trail Type: One way with car shuttle
- Terrain: rocky, sandy areas, trail switchbacks climb to the top, loose rocks.
- 8:00 AM Meeting Place: Palm Springs PetsMart Ramon/Crossley Map Here
- Bring Ten Essentials (click here), water (1 to 2 liters recommended), lunch and snacks. Sun protection and layered clothing are recommended.
- Carry Emergency Contact Information (ICE).
- Sturdy hiking footwear with good tread and adequate drinking water are required.
Registration for this event is limited to Great Outdoors (GO) members only. If you're not a member, click here to join first. Non members may sign up for this hike 3 days before if space is available.
Contact Hike Leader: Brad Hardison Email
Carpooling is recommended and may be available if offered by a driver. Arrive a few minutes early for briefing and carpooling. Departure is at 8 AM.
Photos Click Here
Weather Policy: Inclement weather cancels
Health Problems/allergies: It is the responsibility of participants to carry on their person a record of significant allergies, medications and medical history in the event of a medical emergency. Discuss any medical concerns with the hike leader if you wish.