Experience Shangra-La in the cool mountain air on a summer evening and enjoy the sunset from top of the tram. From the top of the tram, we will hike through pine forest in Long Valley to a secluded scenic overlook that is located where few people visit. We will return to the Mountain Station at about 7 PM for dinner at the Peaks Restaurant. Peaks Menu
Meet at Valley Tram Station at 4:00 PM. We will board the tram departing at 4:30 PM. If you need to purchase a ticket or pass, arrive 15 minutes earlier.
- Length: 3 miles
- Type: Loop Hiking Time: 2.5 hours
- Elev. Gain/(Loss): +450 feet
- Difficulty: Moderate-, some off trail hiking with uneven rough surfaces and vegetation in granite boulder area
You are welcome to join us for dinner if you can’t make the hike. Annual and Summer Pass holders receive 10% off regular cost of dinner.
Adult Tram ticket $25.95 Senior $23.95. $8 parking fee waived for pass holders and local residents.
What to Bring
- Ten Essentials (click here), water (1 to 2 liters )
- Sun Protection and layered clothing
- Carry Emergency Contact Information (ICE).
- Sturdy hiking footwear with good tread and adequate drinking water are required.
Hike Leader Scott Connelly contact click here
Registration required to acknowledge waiver electronically
Health Problems/allergies: Discuss any medical concerns with the hike leader that may affect your ability to complete the hike.